Here’s A List of Some 21 Things That Can Go Wrong Engaging an Unlicenced Concrete Contractor for your new driveway:
- Poor quality workmanship and substandard materials being used.
- Work not being completed within agreed timelines or delays in delivery of work.
- Unforeseen additional costs and charges being incurred beyond the estimated price.
- Disputes and conflicts arise between the consumer and the contractor.
- Lack of proper communication between the consumer and the contractor.
- Project not meeting the standards or specifications expected by the consumer.
- Issues with building regulation compliance due to improper installation.
- Insufficient support in case something goes wrong during or after the project.
- No warranty or guarantee on the work done.
- No recourse for damaged or lost property or other liability issues that may arise.
- No legal or regulatory backing to hold the contractor accountable, in case of non-compliance with the contract.
- Potentially being liable for injuries, accidents, or damages related to the building project.
- Unforeseen damage to the property or surroundings due to improper installation or work.
- Reduced property value due to poor quality work or lack of proper permits.
- Breach of contract, which can lead to legal and financial issues for the consumer.
- Subcontracting the work to unlicensed and unqualified third-party contractors.
- Using substandard materials instead of the agreed-upon materials.
- Delay in obtaining necessary permits and approvals, causing legal issues for the homeowner.
- Fines and penalties from authorities for non-compliance with relevant regulations.
- Safety risks due to lack of proper construction and installation.
- Difficulty in selling the property in the future due to unlicensed work and potential building faults.
You see, the downside is a big deal so it's essential to engage the services only of licensed contractors and have a written works contract in place to avoid these issues.
Contact Wizcrete – the concrete professionals and don't take risks with unscrupulous contractors . Phone 0414 87 87 88
With a clear outline of the work to be done, costs, timelines, and warranties, homeowners can ensure that their building project is completed to a high standard, is compliant with regulations, and is safe and secure for all concerned.