How to review your concrete contractor quotes
Once you receive all estimates take time to compare them.
When comparing quotes;
- Never make your choice based on the price alone.
- Be careful about very low rates because low bidders often do a lot of short cuts on their work and use poor quality materials.
- Look at the project time frame. It would be great to find someone who could finish the job quickly without sacrificing quality.
- As long as the time frame is reasonable, it makes sense for a contractor who could complete the job faster to charge more.
Do not hesitate to ask the contractor about any items on the quote that you are not familiar with. Also…
- Don’t automatically accept the lowest estimate.
- Question any surprisingly low bids.
Remember, you get what you pay for.
Avoid fly-by-night outfits that may not be there to follow through to finish the job properly. There are many situations where you can save money; but this is not one of them.
Price is usually an indication of quality. Choose two or three contractors and rank them in the order that is important to you such as Quality first, Service second and Price last.
Next Concreting Tip in Series: Discover the best questions to ask your concrete contractor